Plenk2010 Journey:

I'd like to learn how to set up, interact, facilitate and create knowledge in a PLE type environment

October 25, 2010

Being Successful with PLE

The things that draw my attention on the topic of being successful with PLE last week:
Importance of learning question for filtering
I think more and more that the first task in any PLE should be to define what you want to learn about, in the form of a question if possible.  It does not need to be very clear or specific but it help focusing the search (filter) and can be refine over time.
What I value most is what integrate
I find that I am less and less interested in wordy blogs or long papers.  I like maps, summaries that help me find my way in the jungle.  It is of course because it saves me time but also because new learning is also about integration and simplification.
Don't get me wrong, I also read books & articles but from sources that I have already identified through those learning artefacts and what "trusted" connection mentioned.
There are different ways that PLE can be connected (am I missing a trick?)
My PLE (all of them?) is really focused on organising my learning for myself.  Well, that's it's definition, isn't it?  But it does not include, nor at this stage faciliate (for me), the possibility of collaborating with others on specific topics:  How would I know who is interested in my research question?  Who would be prepared to work on them with me?
#PLENK2010

No comments:

Post a Comment